Last modified: December 28, 2020
Summary / TL;DR
modCounsel, Inc. (“Company,” “modCounsel,” “We,” or “Us”) is committed to protecting your privacy rights under this policy (“Policy”).
This Policy represents how we respect privacy rights in the collection, use, maintenance, protection, storage and disclosure of protected personal information. We do not sell your protected personal information. This Policy does not apply to the privacy practices of third parties made accessible from this website at https://www.modcounsel.com and related web properties (this “Website”).
|Collection Point / Activity||Purpose of Use||Information Collected / Sorted||Technologies Used|
|Website and other digital interaction (e.g., virtual event registrations, e-mail, LinkedIn™)||Marketing programs Improve services||Browser, internet connection, IP address, location, browsing actions equipment used information as indicated on a form Records and copies of our correspondence||Cookies (browser)|
|Account setup information (non-financial)||Marketing programs (Y)|
Improve Services (Y)
|Professional contact information, title, mailing and delivery address, and service notes||Hubspot™ CRM|
|Payment on Website or with services||Provide services (Y)||Credit card, banking information, address and payment contact information||Paypal™|
In addition to the above, We may process your information for any other purpose with your consent.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age or those under 16 years of age (“Audience”). No one under the age of 13 or 16 may provide any personal information to modCounsel. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 or under 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 or 16 without verification of parental consent not in compliance with California law or other applicable law, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have inadvertently processed any information from or about a child under 13 or 16, please contact us at .
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. These third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction. We may also disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by modCounsel about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you ask to join our newsletter or follow us on Twitter™. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of modCounsel, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, we will send an email with your request to the appropriate third party.
- Easy opt-out. If you do not wish to have your email address and other contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by email at . If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Access, Correct, or Delete Your Information
You may send us an email at to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to Us. In some cases, We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to .
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All protected personal information is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls with appropriate security controls. Any payment transactions are processed by PayPal using their secure technology solutions.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Policy at https://www.modcounsel.com/privacy. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through email or a notice on the Website home page. You are responsible for ensuring We have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
To register a complaint or concern, please email .